The Austrian Ecolabel
Exploring new perspectives
18 - 20 May 2021 / live from Graz, Austria
We have been awarded the Austrian Ecolabel!
Events can have a considerable ecological footprint. It is our aim to set an example with Global Innovation Summit 2021 and to meet in an environmentally friendly manner. The Austrian Ecolabel for “Green Meetings and Green Events” is the first national environmental label which allows the certification of a whole event. Organisers as well as participants and locations are involved in and committed to the greening process to create a truly sustainable event.
On the basis of a comprehensive criteria catalogue, a meeting must comply with requirements in the following fields: environmentally-friendly transport option to the conference venue, mobility on-site and CO2 reduction, green accommodation and conference venue, sustainable catering and exhibition stands, ecological procurement, environmental material and waste management, sustainable social aspects and communication.
Here a few suggestions for everday (office) life:
- Separate waste properly
- Save office paper: use bad copies for notes, make double-sided printouts and copies
- Shop in an environmentally friendly way, if possible without packaging
- Choose regional, organic and fair trade food
- Cycle, walk or use public transport, avoid air travel
- In the evening, switch off the power strips and turn the heating down or off
- Report leaking taps and running toilets
- Use intermittent ventilation instead of continuous ventilation
Also think about your own well-being:
- Drink enough water – tap water if possible
- Make sure you have an ergonomically arranged workplace
- Consider your well-being and that of your colleagues
- Buy local, seasonal produce